February 15, 2009

Spring really is coming...

So I had to run to Target yesterday for something I needed and ended up with something I wasn't expecting to need! I found signs that Spring really is coming! It seems that as soon as Christmas is done and Valentines day comes and goes, Spring colors really start blooming everywhere! O.k. maybe not everywhere, but you can't walk into most stores without seeing pastel colors going up on the shelves or floral prints on something. Spring is my favorite time of the year!! It's the buds on the trees, Birds singing and the beautiful colors that start blooming after seeing white, brown and bareness for the winter. It just takes me back to childhood playing with jacks, jump roping and seeing the first tulips blossom. Just feels like happiness.

Well back to my "need" that I found yesterday. My son The Artist was with me and as we are turning corners something catches my eye and we stop. I start looking at the display with all it's Spring colors and know that I have been struck by the want to "need" what I am seeing. I contemplate. I look at the prices...no sale prices, full prices. I see the prices are reasonable, I start thinking about how many I need. I think 4...no 6. Yes, I think I need six. I start arranging and showing The Artist, who at this time is adding up and giving me the price. I know at this point there is no going back...I have to have this or I will be thinking about it forever. I decide to make a phone call to my wonderful husband...

My conversation goes something like this:

Me~"Hi Dear"(all bubbly)"Guess what?!"

Mr. Wonderful~"What?"(with caution)

Me~"Spring has found me!"(enthusiasm)

Mr.Wonderful~"How is that?" (a little more caution)

Me~"I found these amazing dishes I can't live with out!" (convincing enthusiasm)

Mr.Wonderful~"Really?"(not really convinced and now only thinking $$$ signs)

I proceed to tell him about the dinner plates, the cute flower plates and don't forget the really cute bowls. I also would need the pretty glasses that were pink, blue and green. In the end all he wanted to know was the final number...the price was right!

I then happily started putting my new "needed" place setting's in my basket and went to check out. Here are my new cute dishes...


I'm thinking the new fabrics even
go great with these pretty dishes.
Maybe I need to make a new table runner?

So cute, I love all these Spring colors!

I can't wait to plan the menu, invite my friends
and enjoy eating off of these cute new dishes!

11 comments:

  1. Those are really cute! I would like to come try out your new dishes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you were closer too! You know I would be having a luncheon with you in a heart beat! You could bring cake!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE TARGET...IT CURES ALL BLUES!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring is such a great time, my favourite too after a long winter which seems to always be the case, every year! It's so nice that when Autumn hits down here, I'm able to live through the Northern Hemisphere spring!
    Love the plates and bowls, no wonder you needed them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for such nice comments! I think we all are ready for Spring! I will have to show some more pictures ready for a luncheon with the table decorated.

    ~Victoria~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Love Love it girl! You know how much I love me some dishes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS! I love your place settings. They look so elegant. I so wish they'd had more of the floral ones when I was there. And I am kicking myself so hard for putting those glasses with the dots back on the shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amanda, hopefully they might still have some of those glasses? I knew I would be kicking my self, there were only the 6 left that I bought. I am envious though, you did get them at a sale price, but I knew if I waited they would be gone. I can't wait to show one of my Spring tables with them. Thank you for your nice comment!

    ~Victoria~

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends! I love to read your comments. Please share your sweet thoughts here...