I just wanted to pop in real quick and let you know I was asked to be a Guest Curator by Jenny Doh, on her blog CRESCENDOh and share my Art Saves Story. I am very honored to be among the many and oh.so.talented artist/designers that are showcased on this amazing blog! My story is from my heart and recalling some of the memories in my life, really made me reflect why art has been such an importance to me. I would love for you to stop by for a visit and to read about my journey how art has been in many ways my constant safe and happy place.
I was also asked to share some of my favorite blogs and a post that I loved as well. Two blogs and their post change daily that are featured alongside my story for the next 7 days. You can check the daily archives to see which of these blogs were shown on what day. I would like to again mention them here and their links so if you missed them you can visit them too. I have added my thoughts on why I love visiting these blogs as well. So in no particular order of favorites, here they are....
2. A rosy ring…http://thevintagewren.blogspot.com/2010/10/rosey-ring.html…Carrie can capture a photo in the most beautiful way. She is very talented in so many creative ways and has recently started sharing her artwork in watercolor. You always feel welcomed and inspired!
3. Beauty in the imperfections…http://burlapluxe.blogspot.com/2010/09/beauty-in-imperfections.html…I love this blog for its serene, peaceful feeling and inspired European designs. Dore is a trompe l'oeil and faux painting artist. By recycling and restyling forgotten pieces she brings them back to their full beauty.
4. Pink…http://frugalfarmhousedesign.blogspot.com/2010/01/pink.html…This post spoke to me of trusting your instinct’s over others opinions! Lori shares great tips, budget ideas, with fresh, simple and modern design.
5. Buy what you love…it always works out in the end…
http://fullbloomcottage.blogspot.com/2010/08/buy-what-you-love-it-always-works-out.html…I could get lost in this blog for hours. Loretta uses sumptuous vintage fabrics in her linens collection and gorgeous French antique furniture.
6. Ten ways to boost your creativity…http://www.divasanddreamsblog.com/2010/08/10-ways-to-boost-your-creativity.html…This photography blog is filled with beautiful eye candy, lessons in photography and so much inspiration. Christina is not only an amazing photographer, but she gives great insight to the everyday as a life coach too!
7. Thoughts on making ordinary things pretty…http://canadiancottage.blogspot.com/2010/04/thoughts-on-making-ordinary-things.html…I love this blog! The very sweet Janice and her handyman husband share their families journey as they renovate on their House of Dreams. Using lots of creativity, attention to detail, pretty cottage style all on a small budget… very inspiring!
8. Faux sew sewing jar…http://tinkeredtreasures.blogspot.com/2011/03/faux-sew-sewing-jar.html...Elyse shares diy projects for her pretty cottage, her love of oilcloth and charming tinkered treasures. A happy place to be!
9. Dollhouse cottage kitchen…http://twiceremembered.blogspot.com/2010/09/dollhouse-cottage-kitchen-snapshots.html…Since my first visit here, I am in awe and admire Kim’s creativity and attention to the tiniest detail! She shares vintage style, love of the color red and quaint cottage charm!
10 The artist cottage dollhouse…http://shopcinderellamoments.blogspot.com/2011/04/artists-cottage-dollhouse_09.html... Artist, Caroline Dupuis creates romantic, shabby chic and French inspired miniature cottages. Taking the ordinary she adds a magical twinkle that creates pure whimsical delight!
11 Life…http://www.luluandcompany.net/2011/03/life.html…Art comes in many forms and Lulu has a way with poetic words. Wanting to hang onto her every sentence, you will be captivated as she shares about her life, family and love of design.
12 The Reveal ~A winter party…http://hometowngirl.typepad.com/hometown_girl/2010/01/the-reveal.html…The talented artist and photographer, Susan Duane shares her simple.handmade.life with love in every post!
13 7 days to a better me…http://nadafarmlife.blogspot.com/2011/04/7-days-to-better-me.html…Anne Marie lives her life with simplicity and shares in the joy of doing so. With the love for her beautiful family, strong testimony in her faith and joy in creating she inspires in so many ways!
14 Peonies and a vintage ladder…http://www.larasheleheda.com/2011/05/peonies-and-my-vintage-ladder.html…You will see why the name “Air Kiss” fits this blog perfectly. Photographer and stylist, Lara Sheleheda captures that light and airy feeling in her beautiful styling and photos.
Mending my mindset…http://bluebirdnotes.blogspot.com/2011/03/mending-my-mindset.html…Full of whimsy and her favorite colors: red, blue and pink there is lots of inspiration you will find in Koralee’s simple posts and beautiful photography!
Again I just want to say how honored I am to be a guest on CRESCENDOh and thank you Jenny Doh for letting me share my story!!
I wanted to let you know that I am behind the scenes right now trying to work through some technical computer issues so that I can share my collection and Etsy. I know my week turned into 2...bare with me, hopefully will be showing in the next 2 days!!
Hugs to you all!!