March 22, 2010

A Little Peek...

Spring is here...at least, I saw a preview for a couple of days...and then...more snow.  The good news, it has all melted again.  Grateful for all the moisture, just ready for spring days that make you want to open the windows and listen to the birds sing.  I don't know if I have said, "Spring is one of my favorite seasons" love it!


I hope you all had a great weekend as well.  I felt as though we accomplished quite a bit here and that feel's like a sigh of relief.  It is very hard for me not to be organized and have things in places.  I am trying to be patient and not let all the chaos around me, get to me...some days are better than others.  I know in the end it will be where we need it to...again, patience. 


I thought I would share a little peek on how the farmtable island is coming along...it is just a little one, but I can't wait to show you all the finished look!


Here is a peek at the legs and 
bottom shelf of the farmtable island... 

Because my kitchen is not a huge space we have made it a little smaller, but it will be perfect for the spot it will be in and give us the workspace/storage we need.  I think Mr. Wonderful has done a great job so far. 

 I have to tell you, I love that we are a good design team together.  I usually have the artistic vision and he is good at building the idea. I'm glad that he enjoys woodworking as much as I do, something we can do together. Along with doing all of these projects in our home, he of course has convinced me how we need "this tool and that tool".  I don't mind though...I like to use them too. I also like that the projects get done. ;)

One of the tools we just "had" to buy was a router.  The only thing I don't like about this tool...the bits can add up.  Every time I have another idea I hear "oh, I will need to get this bit then".  As you can see...it can get to be a pricey hobby.  I do like that he used his router for the first time for this project.  Adding routing edge on the apron of the island.  He also was able to route all the edges of the planks before he joined them.  It is giving it more character than if it hadn't been there. 

The drawer is getting put together and then the top.  All that will be left...to stain the top, paint the bottom, distress it, adding the details like the hooks and drawer pull. Can't wait to start using it. 

So...did you see that cute Bread pot with lid that I had sitting there? 

I found that on Craigslist about a week ago.  A very sweet lady was having to go through many of her items being that her and her husband were having to move.  They used to own an antique store in California.  When I talked with her on the phone to buy the pot she told me she had many other items she was selling and wanted to know if I would like to see.  I think you all know my response...sure!  

Love my antique enamelware BREAD pot...
just the perfect spot for it!

I found several other old treasures that came home with me.  I will have to share with you all later this week.  I again...made another new friend and enjoyed visiting with her and her husband so much.  

The funny thing about the BREAD pot...each letter is the first letter on each of my 5 kids names.  We realized this a couple of years ago when I made stockings for my whole family and as they were going up on the mantel, I saw that each initial spelled...BREAD.  Too funny.  The Artist pointed this out to me today when he saw the pot... just a little thing that means something to our family.

I will leave with a sweet note...

He love's me...

Mr. Wonderful brought me home a little surprise coming home from the store the other day...a bouquet of pretty yellow tulips.  Another way to let me know Spring is here. A little way to show me he loves me...

These look beautiful in my window as well.

I will be very busy working away on more to share with you all this week and it is the kids Spring break.  We aren't going anywhere away, but we do have a couple of family outings planned to some fun places.  Will be excited to take Izzy along and show some pictures of our family.  

Hugs to you all,

6 comments:

  1. Lovin' the look of the island and can't wait to see more! I am so glad everything is starting to fall into place and you can see the fruits of all of your labor!

    Happy Spring!

    Lou Cinda :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning,
    You kitchen window is so lovely! and your kitchen looks so beautiful and fresh! I really love it. You have been working so hard on your home and it shows. All your hard work has payed off for sure..
    I look forward to seeing your farmtable island soon.
    Hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sneak peak. :) The BREAD box is great too... I have a large squarish one that I love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello There Victoria!
    Love the farm kitchen island!
    And how about that hubby of your's making it!
    WOW!
    Now that would be some kind of wonderful to have a hubby that could and would create you an island!
    Love the BREAD bucket!
    ANd the yellow tupils...perfection!
    Happy Week with your kiddos!
    XXOOXX
    Hugs to Izzzzzzy! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the table, it's looking amazing from what we can see!
    Oh how cute about BREAD being the letters from your kids' names!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, it looks like it's going to be amazing! Can't wait for you to show us! Thanks for stopping by the kitchen today, good luck on yours. Have a great easter!
    xo
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends! I love to read your comments. Please share your sweet thoughts here...